Now it's back to business, and I am excited by the plans for this fall. There are many things already planned, and more are in the works. Below is a list of some of the things planned for this fall:
- Kidshammmer. The biggest thing planned is a kids-focused gaming group to encourage youngsters, and their parents, to give table top wargaming a try. I played a game of Warhammer 40k a couple of weeks ago at Victory Comics on a Pokemon league day, and you wouldn't believe how many kids came over to ask about the game and how to play. Victory Gamers will give them a chance to check it out at no cost. I'll supply the models, terrain, dice, missions, everything. All the kids need to do is show up. The target age range is 10-15, but can go younger or older. Kids can chose to play sci-fi 40k or fantasy-based Age of Sigmar (or both). There will be terrain building events, painting tutorials, and even a youth league. Will encourage low model count play to ease entry and keep costs down. The initiative is called "Kidshammer" and there's now a dedicated page for it on this website. Check it out for more information and a schedule of events. *UPDATE - Kidshammer is starting on October 11 due to a large number of Magic the Gathering events at Victory Comics in September and first weekend of October that compete for gaming space*
- Warhammer 40k. Join the Victory Gamers Google group to join in on pick up games. My love of the game has never been greater, and the club has several new players. Right now, we are playing on an ad hoc basis, generally on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Can play any point level - 700, 1000, 1500, 1850, 2000 - whatever you and opponent agree. Send me an email via this website if you want to be included in the Google group and be in the loop on pick up games.
- Dropzone Commander. Will schedule a demo game of this sci-fi 100mm scale game in September and start an escalation league starting in October. I got to meet Simon of Hawk Wargames at NOVA, and he is a very cool guy. The game is fantastic, and I am super excited about starting playing. You can fit your entire army in a shoe box, and the games are very intense and objective-based. Best of all, Victory Comics now stocks the Dropzone starter box and can special order models and books! Keep checking this website for events and dates.
- Star Wars Imperial Assault. Still trying to get players for a campaign this fall. Send an email via this site if you are interested in joining in. If you like Star Wars and tabletop war-games, you won't be disappointed. In addition, it is possible to play Imperial Assault in a skirmish mode, which lends itself to tournament or league play. Victory Comics has offered to provide the tournament organizer packet (which comes with a nice winner's medallion!), so I would be very willing to get something started if there is interest.
- Malifaux. This western, steampunk, kung fu, gothic miniature game has great mechanics, compelling fluff, and beautiful models. I got to play in the NOVA Narrative and had enormous fun. Anyone looking for a pick up game should join the Victory Gamers Google group to keep abreast of gaming opportunities.
- Orktoberfest. At this point, the all-ork Warhammer 40k tournament is probably going to consist of pick up games this October because of time needed to get Kidshammer off the ground. If you are interested in joining the battle to see who is the Boss Nob of Victory Comics, send an email to get more information!
That's a lot for starters, but always open for additional ideas. Hope you can join in!