- Star Wars: Imperial Assault. It's happening!!! First event is Thursday, December 8, from 6-9 pm at Victory Comics. It will be a skirmish tournament-style event. A couple of people have stepped forward to make SW:IA a regular event for Victory Gamers, with a regular gaming night on Thursdays starting sometime in the near future. This is a great game: easy to pick up, solid mechanics, and a challenge to master. And it's STAR WARS! So excited. Check out the new Star Wars: Imperial Assault page on this website to keep abreast of news and events.
- Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. The Verdant Corpseland Season of War campaign has been a huge success. Over 15 people have participated so far, armies have been built and painted, and games have been played every Tuesday night since the campaign kicked off in September. The game is becoming hugely popular in the UK and is growing rapidly in the US since the release of the new structured play rules last summer. If you are on the fence, get off and get in the game. It doesn't take a huge time or money commitment to play compared to Warhammer Fantasy or Warhammer 40k. I guarantee you will have a good time!
- Warhammer: 40,000. WH40k continues to be the center piece of the Victory Gamers club, with a large group of regular players. Friday Night Fights are a weekly thing, and we are kicking off a Kill Team campaign in December. The new Games Workshop approach to customer involvement is fantastic. The company is fun again! I can't think of a better time to be playing the game than right now. But 8th edition is coming, which I expect will make the game even better. If you left 40k during 6th or 7th edition because of game imbalance, rules bloat, or crazy GW policies - come back: it's night and day from even a year ago, and the future is very, very bright for the game.
- Kidshammer. Our twice-a-month kids Age of Sigmar gaming group is going strong too. There is a core of regular players and new faces all the time. Won't go into much here, since this is the oldest of the Victory Gamers initiatives and has been talked about at length in the past. But if you know a kid that might be interested in table-top miniature gaming, look to the Kidshammer page on this website for gaming days.
- Star Trek: Assault Wing. This isn't really a Victory Gamers initiative, since Gareth at Victory Comics and others have had this gaming group going for a while now. But the Star Trek gamers share the same Tuesday nights time as our Age of Sigmar gaming group, and as we've gotten to know some of the players, Victory Gamers would like to do whatever we can to promote the Star Trek: Assault Wing game. It looks like a load of fun and the players are passionate (in a good way!) about the game. We've create a page on the Victory Gamers website to promote it, and hope to develop more content in the coming months.
I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's all for now. Hope to see you rolling dice soon!