- Warhammer 40k: We've been using the calm before the storm of new 8th edition ruleset to get ready to hit the ground running.
- Tentcon 2017 - The second annual massive Apocalypse-style narrative game fest is taking place on Saturday, June 3. Thirteen players and over 26,000 points of models on two 8x6' tables. Two custom multiplayer missions. Tons of cool terrain. This might be the last hurrah of 7th edition, since rumors have 8th edition coming out in June. If it is the end of 7th edition, we plan to send it out in all its wacky style!
- Kill Team - In April, Games Workshop released Shadow Wars: Armageddon - a highly anticipated small unit ruleset, together with some spectacular new terrain pieces. Of course, Victory Gamers had to get one of the box sets, and after going through the ruleset - we're in! Working with Victory Comics to host a weekly 40k Kill Team Night at the store, likely Saturday nights. Plan to kick off in mid- to late-June, once Tentcon and Coalescence are wrapped up.
- More space! - We love playing at Victory Comics. The store and people are awesome. The downside is that a lot of people feel the same way, so it can be challenging to find space in the evenings and weekends, particularly for games as large as 40k. So, we are starting to rent a large room at the Falls Church Community Center one Sunday a month and are in discussions for another location on one Friday night a month. Space should never again be a problem if these discussions pan out.
- Age of Sigmar: This game has gone from fringe to fabulous in a year. If you have not given it a go yet, you should! (I wrote a post saying that almost exactly a year ago, so I told you so!) We have a regular AoS night on Tuesdays at Victory Comics. We're in the last five weeks of the second of our 15-week campaigns, and participation has tripled at least since the fall.
- Coalescence - Victory Gamers will be participating in the global Age of Sigmar narrative event called "Coalescence", which will be held on June 10. We will be running the event split on Saturday night, June 10, at Victory Comics, and Sunday afternoon, June 11, at the Falls Church Community Center. More to come on this, but it looks to be something for the memory books.
- Kidshammer: The kids gaming group is also going stronger than ever, and will take it to the next level by running a two-day event as part of the 2017 NOVA Open. The NOVA Open is the largest tabletop gaming convention on the east coast and is a ton of fun. We are so excited by being allowed to be part of NOVA! We also launch a new dedicated webite at www.kidshammer.org. Check it out for everything that's going on. Also, check out an interview that I did about Kidshammer on the Rolling Bad podcast on April 23 episode.
- Star Trek Assault Wing: This group has been playing at Victory Comics on Tuesday nights, and as we've shared space with them we've discovered that they are an awesome group of gamers. Always a lot laughter and excitement going on at their tables. So we are thrilled to promote their events and consider them as part of the Victory Gamers family (we love you guys and gals!).
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault: The latest addition to the Victory Gamers family, even though it's been a game we've been interested in for years. It is perfect for anyone who loves the Star Wars universe and the game play is fast and balanced. Thanks to Bill Y. and Ted W. for getting this started. Looking forward to doing more in the second half of 2017.
Apologies for the long gap in posts, but so much is going on! Victory Gamers has been busy on several fronts to increase the quantity and quality of gaming opportunities: